Links to Other Naturalist and Environmental Organizations
Nova Scotia Natural History Institutions and Organization
- The Nova Scotia Museum Home Page
- Ecology Action Center
- Federation of Nova Scotia Field Naturalists (Nature Nova Scotia)
Our Provincial organization that provides cooperation between all naturalists groups.
- Halifax Field Naturalists Home Page
- Wildflora Society of Nova Scotia
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society – Nova Scotia Chapter
- Kentville, Nova Scotia Weather Forecast
Weather Office of Environment Canada (current forecasts, 5-day outlooks)
- K.C. Irving Environmental Centre and Harriet Irving Botanical Gardens
- Science and Technology Awareness Net (Nova Scotia)
A data base of science/technology groups in Nova Scotia.
- Bird Studies Canada Lots on information on sightings, books, etc.
- Bird Photography
- Canadian Bird Photograph and Techniques
- East Coast Birds
- Nova Scotia Bird Society
- Nova Scotia Bald Eagles
- Astronomy Nova Scotia
- Halifax Centre of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
- Royal Astronomical Society of Canada – National
- Minas Astronomy Group
The Annapolis Valley’s own observing and astronomy discussion group.
- Burke-Gaffney Observatory
(St. Mary’s University – Halifax, N.S.
- The Nine Planets
A resource for amateur astronomy
- Nature Canada – formerly the Canadian Nature Federation
- Nature New Brunswick
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Association – National
- Atlantic Food and Horticultural Research Centre- Kentville, N.S.
- Acadia University home page
- Whale Watching in the Valley
- Natural History Resources – (by Christopher Majka)