Newsletter History and Contents
The BNS Newsletter is published once every season of the year at approximately the equinoxes and solstices. It began publication in the Autumn of 1974 and by 2008 is in its 35nd year. All members receive a copy of the Newsletter and some are also distributed to other select institutions.
At present the Newsletter format is a booklet 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 inches with about 48 pages. In addition to text there are many line and half-tone drawings.
The printers of the BNS Newsletter is Gaspereau Press, Kentville, N.S.
- Meeting Schedule for the coming season
- Field Trip Schedule for the coming season
- Business Reports from the Executive Board of the BNS
- Original Articles on Natural History
- Reports of Natural History Sightings
- Reports of past Field Trips
- Seasonal Weather Summary
- Astronomical Event Schedule
- News of from Related Naturalists Organizations
Articles may be reprinted with permission of the author or the editor.
Credit the Blomidon Naturalists Society Newsletter.
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are those of the authors, not necessarily the Blomidon Naturalists Society.
For subscription information see the Membership fees form in the newsletter or email Ed Sulis, Treasurer
The Blomidon Naturalists Society is a member of the Federation of Nova Scotia Naturalists
The BNS is a registered charity. Receipts (for income tax purposes) will be issued for all donations