[BNS_members] Fwd: Fall outdoor programs for Kids: Coyote Classroom & Forest Play

Judy Lipp judylipp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 10:28:06 CDT 2020

Hello Everyone,
BNS is pleased to be supporting Flying Squirrel Adventures in the launch of
a new outdoor nature program for kids. Perhaps there are famlies in your
circles that would be interested.  We'd love your help in spreading the
word.

*Coyote Classroom *will take place on the Black Rock Trails (North
Mountain) and surrounding area every Wednesday starting September 16th.
It's for children aged 7-11 during school hours.  We are offering an
outdoor school alternative to help families who may not be comfortable with
the new normal in schools and for kids for whom an outdoor play &
exploration environment is better suited.  We will start with an initial
6-week session and will consider a second session if there is enough
interest.   See more details below and on our webpage
<https://valleyflyingsquirrel.wordpress.com/coyote-classroom-ages-7-11/>.

I have also included the piece below about our Forest Play program for 3-5
year olds in Kentville in case you know families for whom that is a fit.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your support in
spreading the word.
Judy Lipp
Flying Squirrel Adventures Coordinator
BNS Board member

Check out our Fall Outdoor Programs and enter a chance to win a Monarch
butterfly activity kit
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/2e89dc2f0a0b/coyote-classroom-forest-play-and-butterfly-kits?e=8bdc8bf9ab>

*FALL PROGRAMS for KIDS with Flying Squirrel Adventures*

We are thrilled to be offering two nature-based programs this fall
including Forest Play (for ages 3-5) and a new program called Coyote
Classroom (for ages 7-11).  See more below
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=40516c2e1f&e=8bdc8bf9ab>
*Coyote Classroom (ages 7-11)*
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=b21181f89e&e=8bdc8bf9ab>

*A school alternative for free-range kids*
*Wednesdays, September 16-October 21*

When: 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
Where: Black Rock Community Trails
Cost: $245 per child
Registration
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=30d3e96b5e&e=8bdc8bf9ab>
deadline: September 7th

Only 8 spaces, 2 facilitators!

A desk and four walls is not a fit for every child. Flying Squirrel
Adventures is pleased to offer a forest school approach that honours the
whole child and fosters community among all involved.  We will establish a
rhythm together with the children that encourages curiosity and fun, play
and imagination, exploration and movement, awareness and care for the
natural world, personal and group awareness, and self-sufficiency. We
foster these attributes through a set of core routines and nature based
challenges.

Sessions will be co-lead by Judy Lipp and Emily LeGrand
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=eff0586cfc&e=8bdc8bf9ab>
.

For more info and to register visit here
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=fee2fe207a&e=8bdc8bf9ab>
and/or email us
<valleyflyingsquirrels at gmail.com?subject=Coyote%20Classroom%20inquiry&body=Send%20us%20your%20questions%20or%20request%20a%20phone%20call.%20%0A>
.

<aalders at kentville.ca?subject=Forest%20Play%20Program&body=Hi%20Ashley%2C%0A%0AI%20would%20like%20to%20register%20my%20child%20for%20the%20November%20Forest%20Play%20Program.>

*Forest Play (ages 3.5-5)*
*Tuesday & Thursday, Sep 15 - Oct 22*

When: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Where: Kentville Gorge

Only 8 spaces, 2 facilitators!

We are again offering our popular Forest Play program in partnership with
the Town of Kentville, at the Gorge.

Outdoor play in nature is an essential part of children’s healthy
development supporting their physical, emotional and mental well-being.
Play is where young children learn such diverse skills and traits as
physical literacy, communication, empathy, sharing, spatial awareness,
problem solving, resilience and persistence. With attentive care from 2
experienced care-providers
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=17d2de1eed&e=8bdc8bf9ab>,
the children will have lots of opportunity to learn about themselves,
others and nature.

Cost: $265, some bursaries available
Register here: https://app.bookking.ca/kentvillepub/courses/index.asp

Learn more about Forest Play here.
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=122801576a&e=8bdc8bf9ab>

ABOUT FLYING SQUIRREL ADVENTURES
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=c259e7f9f9&e=8bdc8bf9ab>

Flying Squirrel Adventures is a nature program for young and old in the
heart of the Valley. We help people connect to the natural world through
outdoor events and nature activities.

The Flying Squirrel is a symbol of being curious and having fun in
nature! Also, the flying squirrel is active all through the year, and is
very social and hangs out with a group. Just like us (when we are able to
hang out, that is)!
For updates between newsletters follow us on Facebook!
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=e1df365355&e=8bdc8bf9ab>
THANKS TO OUR NATURE LOVING PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS:
[image: Facebook]
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=811ff6d75d&e=8bdc8bf9ab>
[image: Website]
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=218725d6a7&e=8bdc8bf9ab>
*Copyright © 2019 Flying Squirrel Adventures, All rights reserved.*
This is the email list for participants and friends of FSA. It is used to
send notifications about upcoming FSA events, and other nature-oriented
events in the Annapolis Valley.

*Our mailing address is:*
Blomidon Naturalist Society
P.O. Box 2350, Wolfville
Nova Scotia  B4P 2N5

This email was sent to j_lipp at yahoo.com
*why did I get this?*
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/about?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=42b20259b9&e=8bdc8bf9ab&c=04d3dd1acf>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=42b20259b9&e=8bdc8bf9ab&c=04d3dd1acf>
    update subscription preferences
<https://gmail.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&id=42b20259b9&e=8bdc8bf9ab>
Flying Squirrel Adventures · 2705 Long Point Road · Berwick, Ns B0P 1E0 ·
Canada

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=20d4fcb0c723a502ca6a2bf60&afl=1>

--
Judy Lipp
Program Coordinator
Flying Squirrel Adventures
https://valleyflyingsquirrel.wordpress.com/

Flying Squirrel Adventures is a free outdoor nature program for young and