[BNS_members] Interesting events coming up

Soren Bondrup-Nielsen soren at bondrup.com
Fri Sep 11 09:52:11 CDT 2020

Hello Naturalists!

There are several activities taking place over the coming weeks that we felt you would be interested in getting involved with.

A Scots Bay Beach Clean-up is scheduled for Saturday, September 12, 10 AM to 12 PM. (Rain date : September 13, 11 AM to 1 PM). Volunteers Needed & Welcome!!
(Please observe social distancing guidelines).
For more information or to get in contact with Jeff Carter, go to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/blomidonNaturalistsSociety <https://www.facebook.com/groups/blomidonNaturalistsSociety>

Black Mammologists Week is next week, Sept 13 - 19. In partnership with the American Society of Mammologists and National Geographic Society, the purpose of Black Mammologists Week is to provide opportunities for current and aspiring Black mammologists across the Diaspora to form conscious, fruitful connections, in addition to illuminating historical and present-day Black contributions to the field of Mammalogy.
The schedule and links to join online can be found here: https://blackmammalogists.com/ <https://blackmammalogists.com/>

First Annual Kespukwitk Municipal iNaturalist Competition starts next Monday, September 14. This will be a friendly iNaturalist competition between the 9 municipalities that are in the southwest Nova Scotia Priority Place (one of 11 Priority Places identified for conservation in Canada).We'll be tracking the # of observations, # of observers, and # of species identified in each municipality.
The iNaturalist page is linked here: https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/first-annual-kespukwitk-municipal-inaturalist-competition <https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/first-annual-kespukwitk-municipal-inaturalist-competition>

The Fall 2020 Guided Hikes Series has been announced by Hike Nova Scotia. There are over 30 hikes led by local folks and participants qualify to win “trail prizes.” These free hikes require pre-registration and will follow public health protocols, including social distancing.
For more information and hike dates head over to: https://www.hikenovascotia.ca/projects-guided-hike-events/ <https://www.hikenovascotia.ca/projects-guided-hike-events/>

We hope you are able to enjoy these last few days of summer and start of fall by taking action and getting outdoors!

Happy trails,
BNS