[BNS_members] Upcoming events

Riley Scanlan rileyscanlan16 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:30:28 CDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Here are a few upcoming events that I encourage you to attend!

*TONIGHT* is our September monthly meeting. Patrick Kelly will be teaching
us all about Mars! See previous email from Patrick or the attached poster
for details.
The Ecology Action Centre is hosting a panel discussion on the new
book, *A* *Good
War by Seth Klein*. You must register ahead of time to join the zoom call
here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_0opbc2ZqSW2Ehd4WdsNFZQ?fbclid=IwAR2RrGKUD2XmFHreUOi6fBFDYBNTqrLHcmHvew5l3pKzn2heFForXX53DSI
*School Strike for Climate Halifax* is organizing a climate strike rally at
City Hall/Grand Parade. Come out and support this student-led action!
Please wear a mask and maintain physical distancing. This rally is not only
about climate change but also about climate and social justice.
When: September 25th 12 - 2pm
Where: Halifax Grand Parade, in front of City Hall
*Ask-the-Expert: Restoring the Jijuktu’kwejk River *
Tuesday September 29, 7 - 8 pm
For this month's webinar we're featuring the fantastic work of the
Jijuktu'kwejk (pronounced “gee gee WOK tok”) Watershed Alliance and are
pleased to have their amazing student volunteers on-board to tell us about
the various projects they are involved in to help restore our watershed!

To attend the webinar, you must REGISTER in advance. Otherwise you can join
the Livestream or Facebook Watch party in the moment instead.

Send us your questions about the health and wellness (or lack there of) of
the Jijuktu'kwejk watershed, previously known as the Cornwallis River
watershed. Register and Send questions here:
https://www.annapolisriver.ca/upcoming-events
I hope to see you at some of these events!

All the best,
Riley