[BNS_members] Urgent Action on Nova Scotia Climate Bill 57 - due tomorrow!

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Tue Nov 2 17:36:30 CDT 2021

SHARING THIS NOTE FROM EMILY LEGRAND:

Hello BNS board and members,

Below is my message to the weekly climate action email list I maintain,
outlining an opportunity to take action on Bill 57. If you want to be on
my email list, just let me know what email to use and I can add you. I
send it out typically once per week and it includes local, provincial
and federal online and in person opportunities to take substantive,
collective, often political action on the climate emergency.

Hi there everyone,

What a whirlwind climate political action time it has been, everywhere
and Nova Scotia is no exception, fortunately for us. We've got something
for you all to act on TODAY/TONIGHT, or tomorrow morning, and due to the
short notice collaborative work of over 30 organizations, it'll be quick
and easy too.

Yesterday Bill 57: _Environmental Goals and Climate Change Reduction
Act_ went to Law Amendments for over ten hours, with people from our NS
environmental community speaking in thorough, informed and passionate
ways. But, no amendments were passed. That will happen tomorrow
(hopefully!) at the Committee of the Whole. So now is our last chance to
give our MLAs a push to make this pretty good bill great and usher in
the change we need for a livable future. Can you write them a letter via
this webform hosted by the Ecology Action Centre, with talking points of
the proposed amendments provided? Should take no more than 10 minutes,
with a bit of personal introduction and some copy pasting, and a few
sentences about why you care about a livable future.

Ugg.... just as I type I see that someone in the organizing crew just
heard on the radio that Minister Halman won't make any changes. Let's
still try!!!!

Here is the link: https://ecologyaction.ca/ns-strong-enviro-goals [1]

Thank you for your care!

Emily

P.S.
Please consider supporting my work on Patreon [2] so I can do more of
this and less of indexing! Thanks either way for your climate care :)

--

Emily LeGrand (she/her)

BOOK & DOCUMENT INDEXER
Emilylegrand.com [3] CLIMATE ORGANIZER
https://www.patreon.com/emilyclimateaction [2]
I am still learning about what it means to live and work on unceded
Mi'kmaq territory.

Links:
------
[1] https://ecologyaction.ca/ns-strong-enviro-goals