[BNS_members] Upcoming Field Trip!

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Wed Oct 20 16:07:14 CDT 2021

Hello,

 We have added a new field trip to the calendar of activities: Forest in
the Fall at Ross Creek!

 This will be a lovely fall forest walk up at the beautiful Ross Creek
Centre for the Arts. We will meet there to start at 10:00 am and end
around 12 noon. Soren Bondrup-Nielsen will lead a walk through a trail
in the woods beside the centre, stopping to explore the flora and fauna
of this fall forest, and other interesting aspects of this forest,
including indications of different human activities over the year. We
will explore how forests have been cleared for agriculture and then
reverted to forests again. We will also be curious observers in the
forest: what are the different species of trees and other vegetation?
Why is there little to no vegetation under evergreens? Come explore
these questions and much more in this beautiful forest!

 For more information and to register (free but we require registration
since we are limiting numbers), please click here [1]. This will direct
you to the event page for this field trip on the BNS website, with all
the pertinent information and the affiliated link to register your spot
on the field trip.

 We hope to enjoy a beautiful fall day together!

 Caroline

 PS - I'm excited to be joining BNS as both a new member and the new
coordinator, so you will be getting emails from me from time to time. I
look forward to deepening my connection to this place and my passion for
the natural world, and to getting more involved in this great naturalist
community.

Links:
------
[1]