[BNS_members] Monarch Open House on Sunday

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Wed Aug 3 07:12:03 CDT 2022

Good morning,

A reminder that this coming SUNDAY AUGUST 7TH from 10:00 AM TO 12 NOON
is the MONARCH OPEN HOUSE, hosted by Larry and Alison Bogan at 6539
Brooklyn Street (map [1]).

They will have examples of the various stages of the Monarch's
development and people will be free to walk in their large field and
discover caterpillars and adults in the Common milkweed that grows
throughout the field. Alison and Larry will show and explain what they
do from June to October to support the Monarchs. They will demonstrate
tagging if they have a fresh adult eclose that day.

A great morning of Monarch learning and appreciation for this endangered
species.

Please reach out with any questions. We hope to see you there!

--
Caroline Beddoe
 She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1] https://goo.gl/maps/z8JM57DfiWftwX3j6