[BNS_members] Monthly Meeting December 12th

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Sat Dec 10 13:51:39 CST 2022

Good afternoon,

A reminder of our upcoming monthly meeting before the holiday break,
this Monday December 12 at 7:30 pm online on Zoom (no hybrid option at
this time; we will resume in-person meetings in January).

Our talk at the meeting this month will continue with the theme of a
zoomed-out lens to natural history and life, with a focus on the Bay of
Fundy. Presenter Jade Atkins will talk on Joggins Fossil Cliffs, A
300-Million-Year-Old Story. Dr. Jade Atkins will share what life was
like in Nova Scotia during the Carboniferous with evidence from the
Joggins Fossil Cliffs, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. She'll take us
through 300 million years of history, from the wild forest fires and
flooding of the Carboniferous, through the formation of the Bay of
Fundy, to present day research occurring at the Joggins Fossil Centre.

Register for the Zoom here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEtduitqTgtG9aYwqyKJXzJFyJ61WSuJkPZ
[1]

Dr. Jade Atkins is the new Director/Curator of Palaeontology at the
Joggins Fossil Institute in Joggins, Nova Scotia. Jade studies the
evolution of development in the fossil record, using both fossils and
living organisms to learn how amphibians and early amniotes changed and
grew during their lifetimes.

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1]
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEtduitqTgtG9aYwqyKJXzJFyJ61WSuJkPZ