[BNS_members] Upcoming Webinar: Chimney Swifts in Atlantic Canada

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Wed Mar 2 15:09:49 CST 2022

Hi all,

With spring around the corner, our neighbourhoods will, within the next
few months, welcome back migratory species such as the Chimney Swifts.
Now is a great time to learn about these fascinating little "flying
cigars," and how we can support this threatened species. So I wanted to
let you know about a webinar happening next week (NB: more info on all
events in March to come in our e-newsletter soon, delayed a bit due to
tech challenges).

We are excited to have RIELLE HOEG (Aerial Insectivore Program
Technician with Birds Canada) give a webinar on Chimney Swifts on
THURSDAY MARCH 10TH AT 7:30 PM online on Zoom!

Rielle's webinar, CHIMNEY SWIFTS IN ATLANTIC CANADA: LIFE HISTORY,
CONSERVATION, AND TRENDS" will be a great introduction to Chimney
Swifts. Rielle will share information about Chimney Swift life history,
threats to Chimney Swifts and other aerial insectivores, Maritimes
SwiftWatch and the Aerial Insectivore Conservation Program, and data
summaries and trends from Atlantic Canada. In addition, they will
discuss roost trends at the Robie Tufts Nature Centre in Wolfville. In
this webinar, Rielle will also offer ways for citizens to be involved in
monitoring and conserving this amazing species.

A great way to learn more and learn how to help! REGISTER FOR THE ZOOM
HERE. [1]

Caroline

--
Caroline Beddoe
 She/her

 Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. This
territory is covered by the "Treaties of Peace and Friendship" which did
not deal with the surrender of lands and resources but in fact
recognized Mi'kmaw title. We want to recognize that outdoor education
and play would not be possible without access to the natural world that
has been stewarded since time immemorial by the many Indigenous peoples
of this land. We acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and
learn about their histories and current cultures and to actively work in
support of reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and
sustainable relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with
all other organisms, with the land and with the water.

Links:
------
[1]
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwod-urpjwvE90rWlAYgG5Qj3eEuaI586cX