[BNS_members] Big Amphibian Migration - Likely Late Tonight

Ian Manning ianmanning4 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 06:55:48 CDT 2022

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to give a heads-up that tonight is likely going to be the big
salamander migration. I was out for three hours last night around Kings
County, but only found a couple very cold wood frogs.

On the South Shore, it was definitely a big migration last night. A former
student of mine looking in Petite Riviere found 64 yellow spotted
salamanders, 14 peepers, 8 wood frogs and 1 four-toed salamander!

Tonight the rain is going to start around 11, but it's going to be quite
cold ~3°C, after a warm day today, I expect there will be some critters on
the move. If you get out. Record your observations on iNaturalist for the
MTRI hero atlas.

https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/nova-scotia-herp-atlas

Have a great weekend and if you get out stay warm/safe.

Ian