[BNS_members] Giving Tuesday

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Tue Nov 29 13:54:57 CST 2022

Dear all,

Today is Giving Tuesday, a global day of giving. It is a time when many
groups may be asking for your support, and we recognize that there are
so many ways to give, be it gratitude, energy, volunteer time, financial
support, or more. As we continue our commitment to nature connection,
education, and conservation, we are seeking your support with two
specific programs this year - two ways to give! If you have the capacity
to give financially, we are so grateful. Thank you for your support in
many ways.

1) Flying Squirrel Adventures Bursary Fund

_Give the gift of nature play & learning. Help BNS (through our Flying
Squirrel Adventures programming) make nature time accessible to more
children & youth in the Valley. Our programs are offered on a
pay-what-you-can basis to ensure that nature-time is widely accessible.
We also address transportation barriers and support seasonal gear needs
as much as possible._

In our 2021-22 season we provided over $8000 in bursaries and served
over 1500 participants. You can help us grow our reach with a donation
today! Donate here and indicate you are supporting our bursary program:
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/blomidon-naturalists-society/campaign/give-the-gift-of-nature-time/

Outdoor play in nature is an essential part of children's healthy
development supporting their physical, emotional and mental well-being.
Time in nature instills comfort in and a connection to nature that can
lay a foundation for a life-long love for the natural world. Nature time
is fundamental to individual, societal and planetary well-being. And
yet, children are spending less time outside than ever before. Flying
Squirrel Adventures was created to reverse this troubling trend.

  [1]

2) Climate Circles

This Giving Tuesday, you can help the BNS in leading and convening local
climate action projects through Climate Circles. Climate Circles is a
facilitated meeting space where anyone feeling worried about climate
change and wanting to take action with others can meet regularly to
define and carry out local action projects to protect our natural world,
strengthen our communities, and inspire change. When we turn our worry
into action together, we create our own hope and our own good news.
Easier said than done of course!

And that's why Climate Circles facilitators are there to help us all
build our action confidence and competence by setting a positive,
encouraging and self-reflective tone, helping groups carve off do-able
projects, providing tools and techniques to work through group process
challenges, helping to connect people to local existing projects and
providing relevant training opportunities to help individuals, groups
and projects stay on track. Please donate at our crowdfunding page with
our partner, the Small Change Fund, to help us get this project
launched. The next $1000 donated will be matched!
https://smallchangefund.ca/project/climate-circles-weekly-action-meetings-to-sustain-grassroots-climate-work/

  [2]

We had our first Climate Circles meeting last night and it was so great
to connect, listen, express our ideas, and collaborate on this project
together. We are hopeful for where it will lead us as a community keen
to foster nature connection and protection, and inspirational
environmental leadership.

With gratitude,

Caroline

on behalf of Flying Squirrel Adventures and the Climate Circles project

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1]