[BNS_members] 2023 Celebration of Nature!

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Thu Apr 6 09:46:26 CDT 2023

The 2023 Celebration of Nature is coming!

Join us May 26th-28th for "Passport to Nature"

--

Good morning,

The 2023 Celebration of Nature is coming up in May!

The Celebration of Nature is Nature Nova Scotia's AGM and annual
gathering for naturalists in Nova Scotia. Due to various factors this
year, the Celebration will not feature the usual presentation series but
will feature guided hikes across the province over the weekend of May
26th-28th. You can register for as many or as few field trips as you
like, and many trips are all ages friendly or specifically for young
naturalists! These trips are free and we hope they are accessible to a
wide range of participants. However, if you are inclined, we do kindly
welcome donations to Nature Nova Scotia or the participating naturalists
societies to help support such nature education events.

Field trips take place Friday evening, all day Saturday, and all of
Sunday afternoon. The NatureNS AGM will take place virtually on Sunday
May 28th from 9am-11am.

Check out the full line up of events hosted by naturalist groups and
nature organizations across the province, in the attached document or on
the website here [1].

Registration can be found on the website linked above or directly here:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2023-celebration-of-nature-tickets-586246658537

--

_The Blomidon Naturalists are excited to be hosting some trips as part
of this weekend:_

Saturday May 27th - Jim Wolford Memorial Hike
_2:00-4:30 pm, Blomidon Provincial Park_
A spring walk through the park to explore widlflowers, birdsong and the
fascinating life of the vernal pool, including fairy shrimp! Jim would
lead trips to this vernal pond in spring and we seek to honour his
legacy to our naturalist community and inspire curiosity for the natural
world.
All ages welcome.

Saturday May 28th - Kingsport Intertidal Life
_2:00-4:00 pm, Kingsport wharf & beach_
Easy, gentle walk at low-ish tide exploring the intertidal mud for snail
sand collars, snails, whelks and other gastropods, intertidal and
saltmarsh flora, mermaid purses, etc. All ages.

Registration so we have a sense of numbers:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2023-celebration-of-nature-tickets-586246658537

The BNS will also be supporting a birding by ear course with James
Churchill as part of the Celebration weekend fun, on May 28th, and
details will be out about that very soon.

We look forward to this Celebration of Nature with naturalists across
the province, and stay tuned for more spring events through April and
May soon!

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1] https://naturens.ca/events/2023-celebration-of-nature/