[BNS_members] Wildflowers Foundations & Field Course is back on!

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Mon Jun 5 14:10:32 CDT 2023

Good rainy day,

Thank you rain! We are so grateful for your abundance. We are also
thankful to be allowed back in the woods now that the forest activities
ban is lifted, which means our upcoming Wildflowers field course is a
go!

Join us for Wildflowers & Other Plants Foundations & Field Course.

Once again we have this fun course with Alain Belliveau! Come learn
about and how to identify different plant families and species in our
local area, and gain foundational knowledge for interpreting and
connecting to the Acadian/Wabanaki Forest region. The focus is on
wildflowers, but will touch on ferns and other plants too.

Sunday June 11th from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. This is an all-day classroom
& field course on how to identify wildflowers and other plants conducted
by Alain Belliveau, local botanist and the Biodiversity Collections
Manager at the E C Smith Herbarium at Acadia University. The course will
take place at the Ross Creek Centre for the Arts. Lunch is provided as
part of the ticket. Yum!

See more details & please register here:
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/blomidon-naturalists-society/events/wildflowers-other-plants-of-the-acadian-forest-foundations-and-field-course/
[1]

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1]