[BNS_members] Participate in the Kings County Bioblitz!

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Mon May 22 10:20:03 CDT 2023

While outside next weekend, participate in the Kings County Bioblitz
project!

Take photos while outside at a BNS event or otherwise, and add records
to the Kings County BioBlitz project [1] on iNaturalist from May 27th to
28th!

This was started by a local high-school student, Sarah Murimboh, as part
of a service-learning project for school to learn about local nature,
share about ecological observations, and work to increasingly care for
and protect our natural ecosystems. Sarah's also working with classmates
to support ecological forestry and calling for an end of clear-cutting
forests. Let's support the passion and hardwork of our local youth in
nature conservation!

Plus, participating in the Bioblitz is easy and fun.
Join the iNaturalist project here so you are ready to upload
contributions on May 27-28:
https://inaturalist.ca/projects/kings-county-bioblitz [1]

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1] https://inaturalist.ca/projects/kings-county-bioblitz