[BNS_members] BNS Update

Riley Scanlan rileyscanlan16 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 13:35:20 CST 2020

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on a few activities.

We received over 50 responses to the strategic plan survey and a dozen or
so emails with comments on the discussion paper. Thank you all for your
input, we really appreciate it. The responses have all been collated and
distributed to the board for review. The board will have a meeting in the
new year specifically to go over these responses, decide how to proceed and
produce a new Strategic Plan document.

As of now, we have not made any decisions regarding membership fees, and so
we must continue with the current model for the 2021 year. Therefore,
please send in your membership fee in the new year. You can do so on the
website. <https://blomidonnaturalists.ca/membership/>

In addition, if you go to the website you'll notice a few changes. All of
the pages and content are the same, but the overall look of the site is
quite different. We will continue to revise and update the site over the
next few weeks so don't be alarmed if it changes.

Soren sent out an email a few weeks ago announcing that you can now donate
to the BNS through Canada Helps. It is very simple. You can fill out an
online form for Canada Helps through the BNS website here
<https://blomidonnaturalists.ca/donations/>. Or, you can go directly to
canadahelps.org and search for the Blomidon Naturalists Society. You can
either send a one-time donation, or set up monthly recurring donations.
Also, when you donate through Canada Helps you immediately receive a tax
receipt.

Have a great rest of your Sunday,
Riley