[BNS_members] False morels

Ken Harrison nosirrah at bellaliant.net
Mon May 11 12:03:53 CDT 2020

Hello,

For your information:

For some mysterious reason, this year's weather has produced a number of
false morels (Gyromitra sp.) fruiting in my backyard. This is not usual.

Since false morels are poisonous and could be confused with the edible true
morel I have produced an illustrated one pager to make members aware that
these false morels may be common in their vicinity this year and should be
avoided. Twila Robar-DeCoste's line drawing is included to illustrate the
key differences.

Regards,

Ken Harrison