[BNS_members] Monday's Presentation

Soren Bondrup-Nielsen soren at bondrup.com
Wed May 13 10:45:54 CDT 2020

Hello everyone,
Here is the title and brief statement of the Presentation by Dr. Glenys Gibson
on Monday May 18 at 7:30pm

The Life and Times of Tidal Flat Invertebrates of the Minas Basin

by Dr. Glenys Gibson

Curious about the secret life of invertebrates of the Minas Basin? The Minas Basin is world renowned  for having some of the highest tides in the world, creating a dynamic and challenging environment for its inhabitants, with high sediment loads in the water and constantly shifting sand and mud. In my presentation, I will highlight some of the work my lab at Acadia University has been doing on how the muddy waters of the Minas Basin effect biodiversity, how interactions between mud shrimp impact community structure (aka Corophium Golf), how the development of these invertebrates responds to changing environments, and how microplastics effect common snails, crabs and mussels.

I hope you can tune in.
A link will be provided later.

Cheers,
Soren