[BNS_members] Guided Hike - How Nature Prepares for Winter

Riley Scanlan rileyscanlan16 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 12:16:28 CDT 2020

Hello everyone,

We are hosting a group hike to explore the Millennium Trail in Wolfville.
There will be two identical hikes to allow more participants to join while
following COVID-19 safety precautions.

When: Saturday October 24th 10:00am – 12:00 pm AND 1:00pm – 3:00pm (Rain
date Sunday, October 25th)

What: During this two hour fieldtrip along the Wolfville Millennium Trail
we will explore how and why the leaves of deciduous trees change colour in
the fall and drop to the ground, why some birds migrate south while others
stay around during the winter, why chipmunks are not seen during winter
while voles and shrews remain active, the strategies of various flowering
plants to survive winter and much more!

Where: We will meet by the tourist bureau in Willow Park, Wolfville.

Everyone must PRE-REGISTER as we have limited the number of attendees.
Please follow the links below to fill out a registration form, according to
which time slot you would like to attend:

10:00am – 12:00pm https://forms.gle/EaLdF9W4wnJHZQ736
<https://forms.gle/EaLdF9W4wnJHZQ736?fbclid=IwAR0Rh66z-RP33-o4pu9o-AuQZiU4uLLzLiLpqECxPlDpB7D2j-BNzQd8Z4k>

1:00pm – 3:00pm https://forms.gle/mcLaTytcva37H5dx7
<https://forms.gle/mcLaTytcva37H5dx7?fbclid=IwAR0inmxsQ4lCf22JFPck4Ohk0xiDZg8vfqdJqcmxkPN5QQfiWoBxvGxS4nI>

This event will adhere to current COVID-19 guidelines. We ask that all
participants please wear a mask unless you have a medical reason.

If the timeslot you would like to attend is full please send us an email
and we will add you to a waitlist.

We look forward to exploring with you!

Riley