[BNS_members] Suggest Names for the New BNS Publication- Prize for the Winner!

Melissa McDonald nuthatch at teksavvy.com
Fri May 6 03:27:49 CDT 2022

New suggestion

Our Natural World

And, rather than have a Mi’kmaq translation of the title on the cover, how about a land acknowledgment on the inside cover that includes acknowledgment of the Mi’kmaq connection to nature.

Shooting down my initial suggestion—a Mi’kmaq word in the title might be seen as inappropriate  - it’s not a Mi’kmaq publication and presumably the contents will always be in English. A tailored land   acknowledgment, however, could be meaningful and appropriate.