[BNS_members] Suggest Names for the New BNS Publication- Prize for the Winner!

Celes Davar celes.davar at gmail.com
Fri May 6 12:51:47 CDT 2022

Thanks Duncan,

To be clear, I think what you are saying is that it is inappropriate and represents appropriation to say “Our” when paired with First Nations or a first nations community members…Leave out the “our”. They are not “ours” to possess. This is at the heart of colonialism, the language constructs, and the work we can do as small steps in reconciliation and developing a new relationship with First Nations and community members.

Cheers
Celes