[BNS_members] A Full Weekend of Birds! - Upcoming Birding Course and Swift Night Out

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Tue May 24 07:47:49 CDT 2022

Good morning,

A few reminders about upcoming events - and birds are the theme!

On SATURDAY MAY 28TH we have a BIRDING BY EAR COURSE: James Churchill
will lead participants in a full-day course up at the beautiful Ross
Creek Centre for the Arts all about earbirding techniques, learning to
identify different and categorize bird songs and calls, and develop
birding skills. Perfect for those looking to learn about birding by ear
or develop further earbirding skills. INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION HERE:
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/blomidon-naturalists-society/events/birding-by-ear-course/

Then, on SUNDAY MAY 29TH, join us in Wolfville for a SWIFT NIGHT OUT! In
partnership with Birds Canada and Maritime Swift Watch, come join us
down at the Robie Tufts Nature Centre in Wolfville. From 7:30-9:30 PM,
come learn fun facts about Chimney Swifts, why these provincially
Endangered birds are disappearing from our skies, and what we can do to
help - and watch them put on a show as they return to roost in the
chimney at the park! Family friendly. Details here:
https://fb.me/e/1WE7kznA9

--
Caroline Beddoe
 She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._