[BNS_members] Updates: Birding & Wildflower Courses

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Thu May 26 15:51:59 CDT 2022

Good evening,

We have had some changes once again to our scheduled courses. Thanks for
understanding and find all the new details down below. I hope you can
join us for one of our upcoming courses, or stay tuned for more field
trips & programming later in the month of June.

Birding by Ear Course - RESCHEDULED!

The upcoming Birding by Ear course with James Churchill has be
RESCHEDULED due to predicted rainy, drizzly weather with Saturday May
28th. Not conducive to birdsong and thus hands-on (or rather, ears-on)
experience. THE RESCHEDULED DATE IS SATURDAY JUNE 11TH. Registration is
still open.
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/blomidon-naturalists-society/events/birding-by-ear-course/

Come learn about birding by ear to solve vocal mysteries on your outdoor
adventures or in your backyard! *All those previously registered have
been contacted, and refunds will be provided as necessary. There are
other birding opportunities available this weekend, and I invite you to
check out all the birding field trip events happening this weekend as
part of Nature Nova Scotia's Celebration of Nature. [1]

Wildflowers of Nova Scotia Course - Now June 5th

Alain Belliveau (Collections Manager at the E. C. Smith Herbarium) is
once again hosting the wonderful WILDFLOWERS OF NOVA SCOTIA
IDENTIFICATION COURSE. We've had to shuffle it up to June 5th so be sure
to register if you are keen to learn about the wildflowers in our area!

This is also a full-day hands-on course hosted up at the wonderful Ross
Creek Centre for the Arts in Canning from 10 AM - 4 PM ON SUNDAY JUNE
5TH.

Come learn about the Acadian Forest, major plant families, common
wildflower species and how to identify species from most major plant
groups and families. Explore the diverse habitats up at Ross Creek and
learn hands-on to identify wildflower species.

FULL DETAILS AND REGISTRATION HERE:
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/blomidon-naturalists-society/events/wildflowers-of-nova-scotia-course/

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank
you for understanding all these schedule shifts!

Caroline

--
Caroline Beddoe
 She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1] https://naturens.ca/events/2022-celebration-of-nature/