[BNS_members] Reviving Climate Circles - seeking volunteers for Advisory Committee

Flying Squirrel Adventures valleyflyingsquirrels at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:39:48 CDT 2022

Hello BNS Members,

Blomidon Naturalists Society is reviving Climate Circles - a project that
ran successfully for several months before the pandemic shut it down.
Climate Circles is a regular gathering space designed to foster and build
foundational community connections needed to create and sustain
local-level, citizen-driven climate action.

We are seeking a few committed volunteers to serve on the Climate Circles
Advisory Committee. We have created an on-line posting about this
opportunity - see full details at GoodWorks.ca

https://www.goodwork.ca/a/local-climate-action-and-activism-64602

Thanks for sharing,
Judy
BNS Director
Climate Circles Advisory Committee member

--

Judy Lipp (she/her)
Program Coordinator

*Our programs take place in Mi’kma’ki, the traditional, ancestral and
unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. This territory is covered by the
“Treaties of Peace and Friendship” which did not deal with the surrender of
lands and resources but in fact recognized Mi’kmaw title.*

*We recognize that outdoor play and learning would not be possible without
access to the natural world that has been tended since time immemorial by
the many Indigenous peoples of this land. We acknowledge that we have a
responsibility to honour and learn about their histories and current
cultures and to actively work in support of reconciliation.*