[BNS_members] Reminder: Annual General Meeting Tonight

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Mon Nov 21 06:10:27 CST 2022

Good snowy morning,

A reminder that tonight is our Annual General Meeting! We will commence
with our AGM proceedings followed by a presentation by BNS president
Soren Bondrup-Nielsen.

Please join us tonight, Monday November 21st in-person in Wolfville at
the Wolfville Curling Club (22 Elm Ave, Wolfville) or online on Zoom
(registration for online here [1]). A social will commence at 7:00 pm,
you can expect cookies! And meeting proceedings will start at 7:30 pm.

The AGM business will consist of a report of the year, financial
updates, nominations and elections of new Board members, by-law
amendments and more. We are excited to reflect on the past year and get
ready for the next. We hope to circulate a survey after the AGM to
solicit ideas on programming and volunteer engagement.

Please find the followed attached documents:

  	* Draft Agenda for the 2022 AGM
  	* Minutes from the 2021 AGM
  	* Financial Reports 2021-2022 (1- Balance Sheet; 2-Income and Expenses
Report)
  	* Letter from the Auditor
  	* By-laws which have been slightly amended (with tracked changes)
since their last revision in 2010 (mainly to remove gendered language,
account for online meetings and clarify a few procedures)
  	* Wonderful nominees for the Board (updated!) & their bios
  	* Details about the AGM and Soren's talk

Following the AGM, president Soren Bondrup-Nielsen will give a talk on
his experience teaching biology while sailing the world on a tall ship,
Sølandet. There will be photos & stories!

Any questions, please reach out!

Warmly,

Caroline

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1]
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcqdOypqDMpHNFhhbjQyaQdw5Cs99NvAZLw