[BNS_members] AGM Year In Review Slides & Herp Atlas Webinar Tonight

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Wed Nov 23 05:59:22 CST 2022

Good morning,

Thanks to all those who attended our AGM on Monday evening. We apologize
for the myriad of technical challenges, and thank you for your patience,
understanding and contributions to the BNS. I'm attaching the 'year in
review' slides that we shown at the AGM, with some photos and comments
on most of our programming and work this year. I am also attaching
Flying Squirrel Adventures' impressive impact report to provide more
details on the fantastic all-ages nature programming, community
leadership, and connection events hosted through FSA.

Also, tonight there is a webinar: Double-Header Wildlife Webinar: Nova
Scotia Herpetofauna Atlas & Monarch Research

Wednesday November 23rd, 7:00 pm. Online on Zoom.

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAlcuuqrDgsHtSbbMrZbuSU2QP4l90D2FSr

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

This is happening in collaboration with the folks from the Mersey
Tobeatic Research Institute.

Carter Feltham from the MTRI, along with Noah Hardy from Coastal Action,
will talk about their research this year coordinating the Nova Scotia
Herpetofauna Atlas. Come learn all about the reptiles and amphibians in
this province and how they are doing!

Carter will also take some time to share with us her research monitoring
milkweed patches for monarch populations.

Warmly,

Caroline

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._