[BNS_members] Call for Nominations to the BNS Board

John Burka burka at upei.ca
Thu Oct 27 14:09:26 CDT 2022

Greetings:  I am Secretary of the Board of the BNS and also on the
Nominating Committee.  We have several members stepping off the Board this
year and are looking for new members to help review and shape the direction
of the BNS.  We meet from 6:30 to 8 PM on the second Wednesday of each
month, except in July and August.  Our meetings are still via zoom,
although we have had some face-to-face strategic planning meetings.  Our
AGM is on November 21st and we would like to have a slate of names for
Board membership.  We are open for self nomination or for you to nominate
someone who should be on the Board.  If you nominate someone else, please
obtain their permission/agreement first.

We are also hoping to fill several Executive positions on the Board.  In
particular we are looking for a Treasurer.  We have an excellent accountant
who maintains the books and would provide the Treasurer with the reports to
present to the monthly meetings of the Board.  A 'official' description of
the position of Treasurer is as follows:

   1. The *Treasurer *shall have custody of all funds and accounts of the
   Society. He/She shall maintain complete and accurate books of accounting
   (will be supplied to the Treasurer by our accountant) and shall:

   1. report when directed by the Board or by a general meeting the
      financial position of the Society;
      2. sign documents and instruments that require his/her signature;
      3. at each annual meeting of the Society present to the meeting a
      true account of the Society’s finances.

We always need enthusiastic Board members to keep the BNS active and
relevant and we look forward to having you working with us.  Please respond
directly to either myself (burka at upei.ca) or Soren (soren at bondrup.com) to
nominate yourself or another individual or if you will let your name stand
as Treasurer.  Thank you, John

John F. Burka, Ph.D. (retired)
Professor Emeritus, UPEI

burka at upei.ca