[BNS_members] Reminder: Bank Swallows Webinar Tomorrow Evening

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Tue Sep 27 15:24:26 CDT 2022

Good evening,

A reminder of tomorrow's webinar on Bank Swallows: Life History, Habitat
& Conservation, presented by Heather Polowyk from Birds Canada. It will
be recorded for those who miss it!

JOIN US WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 28 AT 7:00 PM ON ZOOM TO LEARN ALL ABOUT
BANK SWALLOWS & HOW YOU CAN HELP THEM IN OUR AREA. REGISTER FOR THE ZOOM
HERE: HTTPS://US02WEB.ZOOM.US/.../TZYTF... [1]

Bank Swallows are aerial insectivores (birds that eat insects while
flying). As a group, aerial insectivores are declining at a faster rate
than any other bird group in Canada. This presentation will look at the
life history of Bank Swallows, including habitat, migration and breeding
behaviour. We will examine Bank Swallow's status in Canada and why they
are at risk. Finally, we will discuss ways Birds Canada, the BNS and
you, can help these birds recover.

Our presenter is Heather Polowyk, the Bank Swallow Conservation
Coordinator for Birds Canada in the Atlantic region. They have worked to
create a Bank Swallow monitoring project to assess the population status
across the region, encouraging people to know how to identify swallows
and report sightings of colonies.
  Warmly,

Caroline

--
Caroline Beddoe
 She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1]
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.zoom.us%2Fmeeting%2Fregister%2FtZYtf-mhrzIoE9P2SPvJnItVDKChns0iAEa7%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0IJXkER4AwbPQV6Mp0t_THR5NHO-RQ7KD9vkj1EOzZcQ7_mD5RJwoO0N8&h=AT177BAULNuqnpOcGon1SbKUDWKv_awqmgjDZcGNPIkGyeq8l1u5aYOUMSIUiZyTqF9gqwwKlZKzD8nGnvYSLMuTkSJSwbvhLHmhhrRig9tKehnXSjUNXI69hXsXMmFlxZSyRiVFzQ&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT2exyKS5WGIYlODy5FzmRTWVXw1gIN1PtbPf_yRJxgfxJikS59wZlfXPfcRW8U6Bc2x-UZ780e5-mNBSPXhicofxJISvV-qH56JQjokItVNYHjeKjLcP1I2XxiN5VWpPpJ3xfpBbXK6fHRbJBFXpxDeLHWsxHyiZh3Zs_GXZPzaAAoaBrdUS5ysa2pUl05ev95zSl9d_Q0ZRjd7t91dphf9fcoTb8TImSQ