[BNS_members] Volunteer Opportunity: Invasive Species Pull in Kentville

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Thu Aug 17 12:49:13 CDT 2023

Good day,

Our friends at the Nova Scotia Invasive Species Council are looking for
volunteers to help with an invasive species weed pull on Monday, August
21 in Kentville from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. This should be a satisfying
and helpful project!

They will be removing Dog Strangling Vine (DSV) from Sesame St. in
Kentville NS. DSV is a highly invasive plant that is a significant
threat to biodiversity! (Learn more here:
https://nsinvasives.ca/dog-strangling-vine/ [1])

Some trowels and gloves will be provided at the weed pull. If possible,
please bring a trowel and gloves. Refreshments will be provided. Please
bring a refillable water bottle.

If you have any questions, please, email Hughstin at
hughstin[at]nsinvasives[dot]ca

Link to the Facebook Event for more information:
https://fb.me/e/1f0bh9J1N

--

Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1]
https://nsinvasives.ca/dog-strangling-vine/?fbclid=IwAR0hz9JwtwPJLfBiBqgxrawFtL0Hisr-aWN6OZasE1ApjeY2kAlHp6oL-1M