[BNS_members] BNS January Meeting: Local Student's Reflections on Climate Change & COP27

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Fri Jan 13 16:00:23 CST 2023

Good evening,

A reminder that the Blomidon Naturalists Society is hosting our monthly
meeting on Monday January 16th, at 7:30 pm.

The meeting will be held in person at the Wolfville Curling Club (22 Elm
Ave) and online on Zoom. The meeting will start at 7:30 pm with a social
beforehand at 7:00 pm.

If you wish to join via Zoom please register here [1].

The presenter at this meeting will be Oliver Baker, a NKEC grade 12
student sharing his experience attending COP27 in Egypt, and his visions
for climate work. His talk is called Why Aren't You Scared: Climate
Education on the State of Climate Change in our Province and the World.

Warmly,

Caroline

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1]
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYpdu2grzMtGteA3UBUEVmOPLYyjnasnEXT