[BNS_members] Protected Areas Presentation to Kings County Council

Alan Warner alan.h.warner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 13:50:05 CDT 2023

Hi All

Anyone and everyone is invited to attend the BNS presentation of its proposal to establish the Chain Lakes Protected Area on public lands in Southwest Kings County as part of the work to protect 20% of Nova Scotia by 2030. We will be presenting to the Committee of the Whole of Kings County Council on Tuesday September 19, shortly after 9 am.

We submitted this proposal to the Nova Scotia Department of Environment in June and this presentation will describe the proposal and ask the Council for a letter of support. The meeting starts at 9 am and our presentation is scheduled for 9:25. The meeting will be held in the Council Chambers, Municipal Complex, 181 Coldbrook Village Park Drive (near the highway 101 exit in Coldbrook). You can go into the building through the front doors and enter Council Chambers from the lobby.

It would be wonderful to have as many as people as possible come to support the presentation as Councillors always take note of numbers for such events. In addition, we are looking for volunteers to move forward with this campaign over the coming months. If you cannot come, but are interested in helping, please e mail me.

Cheers

Alan