[BNS_members] Do the Bioblitz = City Nature Challenge

Larry Bogan larry at bogan.ca
Wed Apr 22 10:35:57 CDT 2020

Hello fellow members of BNS

I plan to participate in the Bioblitz this weekend and thought the following facts would be helpful for any others with similar inclinations.

The Name of the event is not just Bioblitz but "City Nature Challenge 2020: Annapolis Valley". You can learn about the project on the iNaturalist web page at the following link.
https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/city-nature-challenge-2020-annapolis-valley

It is easy to participate once you are a user of iNaturalist.org.  (It's free so get your username and password now  http://iNaturalist.org).
All we have to do is to report our observations on our iNarualist page.  As long as the observation idicateds that it was done in Kings or Annaplis County of Nova Scotia AND during the time period of April 24th through April 27th it will be added to the data for the City Natural Challenge.

This year because of the Covid-19 pandemic, there will be no contest between 'cities' but the bioblitz will continue. The collection of information on local natural history is of great value.  More details on participation is available on the City Nature Challenge webpage at
https://citynaturechallenge.org

This sight has an excellent document (pdf)  suggesting how to observe nature near home. The direct link is
https://citynaturechallenge.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Exploring-Nature-in-and-around-your-home.pdf

Read this and observe nature this weekend and submit them to iNaturalists.

Have fun and enjoy the weekend, Thanks

Larry

Larry Bogan
Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia