[BNS_members] Upcoming events

Riley Scanlan rileyscanlan16 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 09:13:23 CDT 2020

Hi everyone,

We have two exciting events coming up:

Our partner program, Flying Squirrel Adventures, is hosting a webinar
next *Tuesday,
October 27 @ 7pm*. Titled *Wild Edibles of Nova Scotia*, Jamie Simpson will
discuss tips for gathering some of Nova Scotia's wild edibles... from
spruce tips to seaweeds. You might remember that Jamie was the lead
environmental lawyer in the species at risk lawsuit.
You must register to receive the zoom link here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/.../tZwrcOGoqDkqE9wtRFQ6JGKqvZ...
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.zoom.us%2Fmeeting%2Fregister%2FtZwrcOGoqDkqE9wtRFQ6JGKqvZ-P6Dystjqu%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR11g-3hlpnICCpi0YQyYjI7MwkdtGhLuFJsxKme-F0OuQwOJ09DZ6pSPEk&h=AT0vVHUh6CUgMGzYWboXGBfK8snFwaLog4ZKD1NcYkd3UasAh4De0d1SI9ho0Af1OaMQny_g7iSCRKO_qu8yBNYTvv0hsb6rM4v8YHULxYYNUnG-yrX4e-rH-xD8pq1RBpKXkZs_gg>
If you're on Facebook, here is the event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/3484616148242536

In addition, Howard Williams is coordinating a *highway clean-up* on *Sunday,
November 1 @ 9:00am*. The group will meet at the Edlerkins parking lot on
Main St, in the west end of Wolfville. Remember to bring masks, gloves,
stout footwear and raingear if slightly wet. Hazard jackets and bags will
be provided. If heavy rain, the following Sunday November 8th will be the
alternate. No children under 15 are allowed to participate and we are
limiting the group size to a dozen participants total. It is expected this
clean-up will take about 2 - 3 hours, depending on the number of
registrants. More people = less time! If you have any specific questions,
you can get a hold of Howard (gruncle.howard at gmail.com).
Please register to indicate you are participating:
https://forms.gle/vLtPAH8acspD3oPf7

I hope you're able to get outside and enjoy these beautiful fall days. Have
a great weekend!

Riley