[BNS_members] Membership: A Great Time to Renew or Join!

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Thu Dec 2 10:21:09 CST 2021

Hi all,

As we move into December, I wanted to remind you that now is a great
time to renew your membership with the Blomidon Naturalists Society.
This is also a great time for new members to join (so please share
around if you know keen folks - makes a great gift along with the 2022
calendar!)

ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT OUR MEMBERSHIP, ALONG WITH INFORMATION ABOUT
PAYMENTS, CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE HERE [1].

To renew: Please send an e-transfer to treasurer at blomidonnaturalists.ca
(you may also pay online, through Paypal, though we find e-transfer to
be swifter).

To join: We encourage new members to pay for their first membership
THROUGH PAYPAL/ONLINE because we require your ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER,
and this online payment platform will prompt you do insert these
details. (NB: Do not worry, Paypal does_ not_ deduct any fees from us!)

Once again, all this info is on the BNS website under "Get Involved!"
and "Become a Member" [1].

The mission of the BNS is to educate the public about nature, to
advocate for its conservation and protection, and to inspire wonder for
the natural world in all generations. We achieve this by fostering a
community grounded in nature exploration, education and stewardship. We
welcome everyone who is curious and wants to learn about nature. As
such, our events, field trips and meetings do not require membership to
attend.

However, our community of members is so valuable for fostering community
connection, sharing our passions and knowledge, and supporting
environmental and conservation work in this area and province. We thank
every one of our supporters and members and we hope that you enjoy our
newsletters, events, presentations and community work.

I for one am getting excited for our 2022 plans, projects and ideas (and
I invite any members or potential members to reach out if you have ideas
developing over these reflective winter months).

I hope you will join us through another year of nature exploration,
knowledge sharing, community engagement, environmental stewardship and
much more!

Thank you,

Caroline

--
Caroline Beddoe
 She/her
 613-619-1098
 Coordinator, Blomidon Naturalists Society
 Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. This
territory is covered by the "Treaties of Peace and Friendship" which did
not deal with the surrender of lands and resources but in fact
recognized Mi'kmaw title. We want to recognize that outdoor education
and play would not be possible without access to the natural world that
has been stewarded since time immemorial by the many Indigenous peoples
of this land. We acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and
learn about their histories and current cultures and to actively work in
support of reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and
sustainable relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with
all other organisms, with the land and with the water.

Links:
------
[1] https://blomidonnaturalists.ca/membership/