[BNS_members] From Ed Sulis: Too Much Carbon

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Fri Dec 3 07:30:22 CST 2021

Good morning,

I am circulating a compilation of facts, figures, thoughts and quotes,
titled "Too Much Carbon," recently created by active BNS member Ed
Sulis.
Ed was the former Treasurer of the BNS and is very engaged in our
activities. I encourage you to read his piece, as it is a sobering
reminder of the reality of the climate crisis that must propel us to
shift our mindsets and our actions.

The BNS recognizes how imperative action on the climate and biodiversity
crises is, and how groups like ourselves can help shift our communities
towards increased resiliency and sustainability. In these challenging
times I am reminded of the power of collective action to help make a
difference.

This feels like an appropriate message to send out today, since every
Friday is "Fridays for Future" across the world, where people
demonstrate and take action for the climate. This happens every Friday
at 12 noon in Wolfville's Clock Park, too.

Take care,

Caroline

--
Caroline Beddoe
 She/her
 613-619-1098
 Coordinator, Blomidon Naturalists Society
 Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. This
territory is covered by the "Treaties of Peace and Friendship" which did
not deal with the surrender of lands and resources but in fact
recognized Mi'kmaw title. We want to recognize that outdoor education
and play would not be possible without access to the natural world that
has been stewarded since time immemorial by the many Indigenous peoples
of this land. We acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and
learn about their histories and current cultures and to actively work in
support of reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and
sustainable relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with
all other organisms, with the land and with the water.