[BNS_members] Field Trip June 25: Black Hole Brook Beach and Falls Walk

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Fri Jun 17 12:14:53 CDT 2022

Good day,

WE HAVE AN UPCOMING BNS FIELD TRIP ON SATURDAY JUNE 25TH!

Join Guy Stevens for a field trip up by Black Hole brook (near Baxter's
Harbour) on Saturday June 25th at 3:00 PM (LOW TIDE) to explore the
beach, cove, falls and woods trail.

PLEASE SIGN UP here to let us know if you can join and so we have your
contact info in case of changes! https://forms.gle/t1zRaaSMeAJmkDjK8 [1]

Location:
Meet at the corner of Black Hole Road and Bigelow Cove Rd. This is a
good place to park along the road, and from there Guy will lead the
group down to the beach. See the map location here:
https://goo.gl/maps/fyNjWKr8Nk4cbz7Q8 [2]

Walk Details:
We will walk the beach at low tide westward to the waterfall, and
explore the cove and the trail through the woods. Round trip from the
parking area is about 3 km, and is fairly gentle and relaxed. There is
one point where the trail crosses a small river, and although there are
stepping stones, these can be washed covered if the water level is high,
so good waterproof/durable boots (or good balance/agility from rock
hopping) are recommended!

Have a good weekend,

Caroline

--
Caroline Beddoe
 She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1] https://forms.gle/t1zRaaSMeAJmkDjK8
[2] https://goo.gl/maps/fyNjWKr8Nk4cbz7Q8