[BNS_members] Reminder: BNS Meeting & Talk on Bats Tomorrow Evening

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Sun Jun 18 19:58:49 CDT 2023

Hello,

A reminder of our talk on bats with Taryn Muldoon happening tomorrow
evening at 7:30 pm! Details below.

This should be an interesting & important topic - At our last meeting in
May, a nature note from a member about seeing a bat elicited
enthusiastic interest, and recently in the past week another BNS member
reported  seeing a bat feasting on mosquitoes in New Minas.

--

The next meeting and nature talk of the Blomidon Naturalists Society
will take place tomorrow, Monday June 19th.

Join us at 7:30 pm in-person at the Wolfville Lions Club or online on
Zoom.
Social with tea and some treats starts at 7:00 pm, then the meeting &
talk start at 7:30 pm.

Our presenter this month is Taryn Muldoon, winner of our Merritt Gibson
Award for her research work on endangered bats. Taryn will give a talk
entitled, "Once There Were Thousands: Bats, Their Parasites, and
White-Nose Syndrome."

We've been having some issues with our Zoom account access so please
find the following Zoom link [1] to register for the talk. If you
encounter any problems please email me. Thanks for understanding!

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0odOCsrDopHdPrF7GrBonxyc5wphgYSQAs#/registration

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1]
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0odOCsrDopHdPrF7GrBonxyc5wphgYSQAs#/registration