[BNS_members] Birding Field Trip at Saulnier Trail

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Fri May 12 06:02:22 CDT 2023

Good morning,

A reminder of the upcoming Blomidon Naturalists field trip, the Saulnier
Trail Birding Trip, with leader Patrick Kelly.

This trip is happening Saturday May 13th at 9:00 am. This date is also
Global Big Day [1], so a great day to get outside and observe birds!

Details about the event:
https://blomidonnaturalists.ca/event/saulnier-trail-birding-walk/

It should be fun and a beautiful day!

Location:

Meet at 9:00 am at the Laurie Saulnier Memorial Trail (Map here [2]).

The bridge on Bog Road to the west of the trail is closed (it is not
there as it is being replaced) so anyone coming from Hantsport and west
will have to take the 101 and get off at Exit 7. From there, at the stop
sign with Highway 1, turn right. At the fork (Pothier Motors) keep
right. Just before going under the 101 turn right onto Bog Road. When
you reach the intersection with Pazant Bog Road, there is a sharp turn
to the right. Go past the detour sign and continue for 2.8 km. There is
a sign HWWA (Hants West Wildlife Association) and turn left to get to
the parking area.

What to Bring:

The walk is about 2 km and goes through some areas that can be wet, so
waterproof shoes or good boots should be worn.

Binoculars and/or a camera are great to bring if you have them.

For more
information:https://blomidonnaturalists.ca/event/saulnier-trail-birding-walk/

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1] https://ebird.org/news/global-big-day-2023
[2]