[BNS_members] Seeking Landowners with Bats in Nova Scotia

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Mon May 29 15:19:53 CDT 2023

Good afternoon,

_Do you have bats around your home? Researchers need your help! - Please
see this note from Taryn Muldoon, who is researching bats. Taryn happens
to be one of two winners of this year's Merritt Gibson Award for her
research work and will give a talk on bats at the upcoming BNS meeting
on June 19th (more details on both of those matters to come!)_

--

Bat researchers are working together to study and monitor endangered
bats. We are looking for landowners with bats in all counties of Nova

This research is a collaboration between the Mersey Tobeatic Research
Institute, the Canadian National Bat Box Project, and Acadia University.
Research includes collecting guano (poop), swabbing active boxes, and
counting bats to aid population monitoring.

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._