[BNS_members] Coming Up: Wildflower Course!

Caroline Beddoe coordinator at blomidonnaturalists.ca
Tue May 30 13:13:00 CDT 2023

Good day,

We have another fun course coming up at Ross Creek Centre for the Arts!
Last Sunday, James Churchill taught a wonderful birding by ear course at
Ross Creek (see some snapshots below), and we are delighted to be
hosting more courses here this year, including Soren's pilot course on
the Acadian Forest [1] this weekend, this upcoming wildflower course, a
lichen course on October 15th and a mushroom course on October 28th
(details coming later).

Wildflowers & Other Plants of the Acadian Forest

Once again we have this fun course with Alain Belliveau! Come learn
about and to identify different plant families and species in our local
area, and to gain foundational knowledge for interpreting and connecting
to the Acadian Forest region. The focus is on widlflowers, but will
touch on ferns and other things like sedges, grasses and reeds.

Sunday June 11th from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. This is an all-day classroom
& field course on how to identify wildflowers and other plants conducted
by Alain Belliveau, local botanist and the Biodiversity Collections
Manager at the E C Smith Herbarium at Acadia University. The course will
take place at the Ross Creek Centre for the Arts. Lunch is provided as
part of the ticket.

See more details & please register here:
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/blomidon-naturalists-society/events/wildflowers-other-plants-of-the-acadian-forest-foundations-and-field-course/
[2]

--
Caroline Beddoe
  She/her

_ Blomidon Naturalists Society activities take place in Mi'kma'ki, the
traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People. We
acknowledge that we have a responsibility to honour and learn about
their histories and current cultures and to actively work in support of
reconciliation. We are committed to fostering respectful and sustainable
relationships with the Indigenous Peoples of this land, with all other
organisms, with the land and with the water._

Links:
------
[1]
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/blomidon-naturalists-society/events/appreciating-the-acadian-forest-two-day-ecology-connection-field-course-pilot/edit/