[BNS_members] New events added

Riley Scanlan rileyscanlan16 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 12:28:17 CDT 2021

Hi everyone,

We have two more events added to this month's program
<https://blomidonnaturalists.ca/2021-program/>. These are in addition to
the Early Valley Birding
<https://blomidonnaturalists.ca/event/early-valley-birding/> and Highway
Cleanup <https://blomidonnaturalists.ca/event/highway-clean-up-2/> events I
previously sent a notice about. Also, a reminder that our next meeting is
coming up on Monday April 19th, which you can register for here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIkfuisqzotHN1VIl4nK5Wlry9KpsHrhgFZ>
.

The first new event is a *webinar by Dr. John Kearney on April 28th @
7:30PM. *
[image: Bioacoustics webinar (1).png]
We will learn how bioacoustics can aid in biodiversity conservation in
Kespukwitk. John will discuss the advantages and challenges to this, and
use a naturalist's perspective. You can register on zoom here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwufu-pqj4jHt1hanlPDVUf7ixEf6X0HnIZ>.
This webinar will kick off our new theme, Biodiversity! Events throughout
spring and summer will relate to this theme.

In addition, we have finalized the details for our first full day workshop
of the year! *Beginner Birdwatching *will take place on *May 22nd, from 9AM
to 4:30PM at Ross Creek Centre for the Arts.*
[image: Beginner birding workshop (2).png]
This workshop will give you an overview of bird biology, identifying birds,
and demonstrate the use of binoculars, useful bird guides and smart-phone
Apps for bird identification. Register here.
<https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/blomidon-naturalists-society/events/beginner-birdwatching-workshop-2/>
As
a member, you are receiving notice of this workshop one week before it goes
public. Next Saturday we will start advertising this on social media so if
you would like to attend you may want to register soon.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Riley